Friday, January 15, 2010

Opening Day

Jesse Spotting

Today was like opening day at the track. All the pageantry, the hats, the flowers, all the kites lined up on the beach, poised and ready to fly. Really? Actually, I am 1 for 1 so far. The wind was 18-22 from the NE. It was nice and steady, a nice swell and really light crowds. Obviously, not everyone reads this blog. Let them be stuck, thinking a computer knows better than a live person. Deep Blue vs Kasparov. There were smiles all over the beach. Good friends I haven't seen in a couple of weeks, launching, laughing, heckling, and just hanging around. Tom, one of my old students showed up from the mainland. I can't tell you how stoked I am seeing one of my students out riding around having a blast. He commented that he hadn't kited since November, join the club. My muscles cried, "Where have you been?" Fixing, relaxing, computing, mechanicing, and surfing. Now, I can say kiting. Finally, it's good to see World Champ Jesse Richman out tearing it up. I would've watched, but I was busy

Report: 15 to 20 E tomorrow. Still lots of waves, and light and steady wind.

No comments: