Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mid-day Update

Half Time


So, this is my half time report. You noticed I wasn't wet from kiting. Well, the wind was nuking, but past 55 degrees in the afternoon. Today, I saw 5 lifeguard rescues. I love seeing the rescues. What? Well, I know that the lifeguards up at Kanaha are learning how to kite. This is good thing. Today was tricky, switching wind, constantly gusting and changing direction. For the Maui local, this usually isn't a problem. For the visitor, over kite sizing usually leads to problems. In the morning, the wind and surf out the back was solid was fantastic, you just had to get out there. Now, get out there!

Report: My spidey senses think there will be a return of the trades. Tomorrow? Most likly a switch to south, then Kona. Saturday, a chance at some Kihei action with a Kona switch. Then.... light trades for Sunday. The surf is non-stop action and energy contining over the weekend.

No comments: