Friday, December 10, 2010

Windsurfers vs Kitesurfers

A fight over the rights

Maui Kitesurfing vs Windsurfing
Posted on November 14, 2010 by jeffbennett
FAA Safety Meeting Scheduled December 22nd 2010 at 9:30am at the Kanaha Canoe Hale.
As mandated by the FAA kiteboarding waiver, the waiver holder is required to hold an annual kiteboarding safety meeting.
FAA representatives, Kiteboarders and community are invited to attend.
Check out this link
http://www.mauiwindsurfing.net/2010/11/maui-kitesurfing-vs-windsurfing/

Deep thoughts


Ok I have done a lot of thinking about this subject and read what this site is trying to accomplish with the idea of limiting kiteboarding around the airport. My first thought goes back to days of when I first started snowboarding in the late 80's. These are the same exact people trying to bully and control through complaints. As you can see, snowboarding, luckily for us, turned out to be a fad. As a concerned Maui kiteboarder, I feel it is my duty to show my community spirit and show my presence. I am not worried about the FAA taking away kiteboarding, but the winds of change are upon us, and it is important to show these curmudgeons a show of unity. I really don't mind sharing the water or the waves. Time to open up the boarders and allow equal access to all north shore spots. Read this guys blog and be curtious and mindful if you respond.
http://www.mauiwindsurfing.net/2010/11/maui-kitesurfing-vs-windsurfing/
If you have any questions feel free to leave a comment. Aloha and good luck

1 comment:

Tom B said...

Should be interesting... wish I could be there. Post a full report, wood-ya?