Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jonnyboy...this is some funny shit again

Jonnyboy told about these guys from the mainland, I think Montana. This guy had minimum kite experience, loving the reef off Lanes. I love the way he tries to put his board on in 2 inches of water in the midst of a shorepound on a razor sharp reef. My buddy KC is constantly amazed about how little reaction there is when people breakdown at Kitebeach. Really, working and kiting on the Northshore is like working at a demolition project. Sure, in the beginning it is neat, then the carnage becomes ordinary almost mundane. The faces change, but the same stupid things happen over and over.

Bloody Lanes - Debauchery of Kitesurfing Maui from Jon McCabe on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a very experienced kiter and have been kiting maui for quite a while and I still don't feel like walking over that lanes reef. :) Amazes me that n00bs would even attempt this spot. Funny vid though.