Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stretch your limits

Today, was not like every other day. It was light, fun, easy riding. I rode my big kite and jumped around like a ping-pong ball. I had the pro-pool to myself. That was the first hour. Then, the wind shifted a little more north and and a bunch of people came out. I felt the ride area compress. Then, I felt the urge to get out. Each track I gained about fifty feet, making sure not to lose any ground on my turns, watching the water for certain patterns. If I saw glass patches, I turned around; if I got a pulse I kept the line. I was about a hundred yards out further than all the other kiters when I found a sweet spot. It was perfect wind, a little bump of surf that stretched for two hundred yards into Naish beach. Once, up to Naish beach the chops came back and I swooped back to the sweet spot. If felt good to cruise, relax and enjoy a good sail.
At first funny, then scary...

No comments: