Monday, May 31, 2010

Eat the Rich

If you were here this last week, there was an invasion. The Mai-Tai clinic, seminar, social, or whatever you call it blew in. I have mixed feelings about it. My first thoughts are that it is a nice boost for the local economy. But, as I saw so many kites in trees, kites into kites, out of control kiters and just plain overcrowding, I was alerted to facts that many kite spots that are very impacted. Here in Maui we are spoiled, that is a fact. But I saw a taste of the dark side, if Maui gets urban sprawled, mega-condoed out or just plain overexposed, I am sure that this is the future. I picked this song for a reason, and you can guess why. Just a little social comment for our friends who came to visit.
The Mai-Tai Circus comes to town

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a circus it was.. Maybe next year they can visit somewhere else...