Friday, May 21, 2010

Dog days of summer

Solar Flair

Hot Toast

Shawn revving up

Shawn throwing down

Who's coming to Maui? The waves are gone and there is a permanent shadow from the Easties in the Pro Pool. Now, if you are coming here don't trust the Windguru/Ikitesurf wind forecasts. There are notoriously light on the readings. Bring your small kites. I don't mean your 9m. This is a medium kite in Maui. Today, it went from the low 30's to mid 40's in a matter of minutes. I have heard whispers of people getting 4's. Now if you live here, manage your body. I know, I just reached the 35 in a row mark, and my Tigger springs broke. Take days off, go to East side and swim in some waterfalls and keep those batteries charged. Only 4 more months until the surf comes back. Aloha Friday

No comments: