Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blue Train

Hour 4

Like a jazz musician, the kite can be played many ways. It lightens up, it pulses, it breathes. Each power stoke, is a calculated symphonic chord. On light wind days, it mostly is just riding to ride. Slow and easy or fast and harmonic, the day passes as the wind ebbs and flows from the forces of nature. Today, I rode for 5 hours, mostly just cruising, just spending some time with myself. Pushing the limits of your body, relaxes the mind after this I will sit in the dark reflecting.

Report: Tomorrow: Still light, probably in the high teens to low twenties. Bring your raincoat, in the afternoon expect a burst of water. After that, back to fun and windy.

1 comment:

Oliver said...

I like the analogy. It just reminds me of good old SD. Long sessions in light wind give you time to tune, think and sing!