Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Fourth Turning

Today saw the end of a great streak of wind and waves. For about the past month there have been mostly steady trade winds and a wide variety of surf. Around the beach, there were a lot of the "all time" comments. Each day brought new conditions, which made kite size selection key. Starting in the next month I will be doing a live beach side weather and surf report in the morning. If you don't know already I am an instructor for Action Sports and I am at the beach almost everyday. The wind forecast for the week is Variable then to Kona. This is usually when the visiting pro's depart. The tourist (JOJ)* and newbie kiters come to the beach and ask "Do you think it is going to come up in the afternoon?" I just laugh to myself and say "maybe......."
*Just off the Jet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rick
Great pictures and commentary. I am a real fan of yours! Sure looks like fun...but I'll pass.
Love ya, Mom