Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Nothing but Smiles


Yesterday we had all the elements in place: solid swell, solid wind, and solid fun. I knew that the surf was big when I walked out to my garden and could hear the rumble of the waves, I am five miles from the beach. I knew it was going to be huge just by looking at the triangle of whitewash at Outer Sprecks. This indicator shows that the surf is 20 feet plus and maybe even bigger. Walking my dog for his morning shitter I felt a nice trade breeze blowing from the northeast. All things were lining up. Little did I know, Jaws was being paddled in by a bunch of hell-men. Check out the article on Surfline...
http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/paddle-in-jaws_52386/... After my lesson I finally got out, and it was sick. I love choosing the size of the wave as you ride, from doh to waist high crackers. All in all...it was a really good brick in the wall. Aloha and Good luck

1 comment:

Tom said...

Good-on-ya!