Thursday, February 4, 2010

Study and succeed

Unhooked Project

Aesthetics from James Boulding on Vimeo.


I have been kiting for a long time. And trust me, it has been a long road. Before, I came to Maui, I was just a weekend warrior. Most of the regular work week I surfed. I always got off work right after the wind dropped, so I surfed glass off. I always was a student of kiting, albeit, not too successful. Moving to Maui, my learning curve went straight off the charts. Things that used to perplex me, know are regular events. I have now been riding strapless for 5 months straight taking a small project into a full time event. But, summer is coming and one of my goals is to learn how to do some unhooked tricks. I ride Naish kites, and for longest time I was not sure where to hook the leash up, unhooked. After, watching this video, I finally found out. Study is the key to success and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Report: Wind good again tomorrow. 18-22 NE then Saturday it shuts off, then quickly returns light and moderate for the beginning of the week. Surf still cranking all weekend.

No comments: